Burmeier – Creating products with heart and mind
“Products with heart and mind" – this is the philosophy that underpins the day-to-day work at Burmeier. The company, with its roots in Lage in the Westphalian region of Lippe, is market leader for beds in the home care sector in Germany. The technically innovative and durable products that Burmeier designs and makes are world-renowned and globally accepted thanks to their high quality and safety standards. Since 1995, Burmeier, with its current focus, has successfully joined the ranks of the Stiegelmeyer Group. Together, the companies in this Group benefit from 115 years of experience.
Burmeier has always pursued the goal of making life at home as easy as possible for those in need of care and their caring relatives and promoting independence and mobility. With this in mind, there are innovative care beds and ergonomically and attractively designed bedside cabinets, cupboards, and tables and chairs to choose from. The ready availability of Burmeier products, with Germany-wide delivery times of only 24 to 48 hours, is an important argument for medical supply retailers.
Our performance in a glance
- The right bed for every case
- The ultimate in quality and safety in compliance with standards
DIN EN 60601‑2‑52:2010‑12 und IEC 60601‑2‑52:2009‑12
- Each care bed model is type-tested by an independent institute
- Extensive range of products, with numerous models and variants
- In-house development and design department
- Care beds offering outstanding value for money
- Development of modern digital assistance systems
- The security offered by a strong corporate group
- Very short delivery times – all standard models are stocked in our own warehouse and are available for immediate delivery
- Quality products that are long-lasting and innovative
- Motivated and expert staff
- Comprehensive service network through partners in the medical supply retail trade
- Global export and local service network
The Stiegelmeyer Group – a structure with system
Since it was founded in the year 1900, the medium-sized family enterprise that is Stiegelmeyer has continued to develop and meet new challenges. Stiegelmeyer has been instrumental in accompanying and shaping fundamental improvements in the healthcare system.
The growing life expectancy of people and the changing family structures make it necessary to offer an increasingly differentiated range of beds for hospitals, residential homes for the elderly, and caring at home. Customers who buy these products expect first-class service that continues beyond the purchase date.
To satisfy this need, Stiegelmeyer has divided its broad-based capabilities into four specialist business divisions that each work autonomously. They develop tailor-made solutions to meet the diverse requirements of the market and at the same time mutually benefit from each other
Products for every requirement
Burmeier works constantly to develop products to meet the wide-ranging demands of care in the home. At the same time, the company strives to use identical parts in a range of models – this is of great benefit to medical supply retailers in their procurement management.
The innovations created by Burmeier include products such as the Vertica homecare mobilisation bed that brings occupants to a sitting position at the touch of a button, the machine-washable Dali-Wash care bed and the extremely comfortable and versatile Regia care bed, with split safety sides as a standard feature.
Quality made in Germany
- The safety, quality and durability of our products form the focus of our work
- Compliance with all relevant care bed standards
- Quality management system to ISO 9001 and ISO 13485
- Safety and certified quality beyond the statutory requirements
- Use of only high-quality materials
- Incorporation of reputable and low-maintenance branded products such as Tente castors or Linak drive systems
- The energy-saving Linak 24 volt drive system allows leakage current testing to be dispensed with beyond the expected lifetime of the bed
- Immediate availability of all standard and special care beds and the related spare parts
- Comprehensive care bed range for every requirement
- Reliable spare parts service for 15 years or more
- Immediate replies to customer enquiries through motivated, long-serving in-house and field staff with a wealth of experience and expertise at their fingertips
- Security offered by a strong corporate group with 115 years of tradition and experience